Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Sign language

I temporarily quit smoking recently  - was forced to actually due to a bad throat infection caused by Streptococcus( that's the only thing I carried from My microbiology degree).

But I had to gratify myself with something to keep those cravings away and I decided on Ice cream yesterday. And so after lunch at Pondy Bazaar City deluxe restaurant (yummy fish curry meals  - at 45 bucks, believe me its an awesome deal) I headed to the More store near my house.

On the way,a few feet away front the store I saw a girl walking and me like any normal desperate guy, turned around to see her and she was pretty. Content with the pleasant sight I went into the store and got myself a nice butterscotch cone and was waiting at the billing counter and lo behold, who is there - the girl who I was checking out earlier.

She too came to the billing counter. Our eyes met and she has a conspicuous naughty smile and I felt she wanted me to see it. It said I know you were checking me out and I think I like it type of smile. I returned the smile and headed for the exit. I felt she was purposely waiting there for me, but I guess she wasn't, she was walking away.

I don't know why or how but I called out to her (must have banged my head somewhere, or all the spurious booze taking this toll on my fragile brain) and trying to look really cool said " Hey, coffee sometime?" showing the universal hand sign for drinks.

She used the universal sign for "no" by shaking her head and her face said "yeah like as if you're that cool".

So much  for "ask and you shall receive"! But hey I tried and I got the good feeling one has when they have done what they have always dreaded.  Another one of those Chennai experiences I'm gonna remember for a long time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment